Marking student attendance is highly important, in terms of making timely administrative and financial decisions, as well as planning events such as fire drills and more.
There are certain conditions that must be met for employees to be able to mark student attendance, including:
- Only the administrator or an employee with the student attendance register privilege can mark student attendance.
- However, if the student attendance type is Daily, only the employee(s) assigned as a teacher for this particular class can mark attendance. To do this, login as the assigned teacher and go to:
Academics > Attendance > Attendance Register
- Select the class of your choice. You can sort by the students’ Name or Roll Number.
- Select the corresponding column for the date and student you want to mark as absent.
- Enter the reason for the student being absent.
- Select Forenoon and/or Afternoon to indicate how long they were absent for.
- Click Add to save.
It’s important to note that all students are automatically considered present in the portal, unless specifically marked as absent or late. Plus, students can only be marked as absent on the current date or a past date, not a future date.
For more information, watch this timestamped video: