A goods receipt note (GRN) is created to record the delivery of items from your suppliers. A GRN is created against an issued purchase order. When a GRN is created for an item, any pending item quantity for an approved indent request will be automatically issued.
Menu> Administration > Inventory > GRN to open the GRN page.
In the top right, click the New button.
- In the GRN No. field, enter the GRN number.
- In the Purchase order field, select the purchase order.
- In the Invoice No. field, enter an invoice number provided by the supplier.
- In the GRN Date field, select the GRN date. The GRN date cannot be earlier than the purchase order date.
- In the Other Charges field, enter any additional charges incurred.
- Click the Save button.
For more information, watch this timestamped video: