Indents raised by employees must be approved by their managers.
- What happens if an Indent request is approved?
The items requested by the employee will be issued.
- What happens if an Indent request is rejected?
The employee can make the necessary corrections, and then resubmit the incident request for approval.
- What if the item requested is not available or not in sufficient quantity?
The indent request can still be approved after approval, create and issue a purchase order for the pending quantity. After the items are supplied, create a goods receipt note. The pending quantity is automatically issued to the employee.
- Can an approved Indent request be rejected or vice versa?
Once issued, an indent request cannot be rejected. However a rejected indent request can be approved again.
Menu > Administration > Inventory > Indents to open the Indents page. Indents of all statuses (Pending, Issued, Rejected) will be listed.
Search for an indent request by selecting an indent status and clicking the Submit button. You can also search for an indent request by selecting an indent status, entering an invoice number and clicking the Submit button.
- Click Accept beside the indent request you want to approve. Verify the indent request details.
- Select the status of the indent request:
- Issued – You are approving the indent request.
- Rejected – You are rejecting the indent request.
4. If necessary, you can change the required quantity.
5. In the Issued Type field, select the issue type – Temporary or Permanent.
6. If you do not want to issue a particular item, click the ‘x’ icon.
7. Click the Save button.
For more information, watch this timestamped video: