When adding a book to your library, you have the option to use a barcode reader and scan the book for the barcode number. We suggest using a barcode reader because the reader will speed up the process of searching, issuing, renewing and collecting the books.
1. At the top of your dashboard, click the module access icon > Academics > Library > Manage Books to open the Manage Books page.
2. In the top right, click the Add Books button.
- In the Book addition mode field, select the book addition mode from the following options:
General – Enter all the book details.
By barcode – Scan the book’s barcode with a barcode reader. The barcode number is automatically filled in the Barcode field.
- In the Book Number field, enter the book number. The first book number must be manually entered. From the next book on-wards, the book number will be automatically incremented.
- In the Title field, enter the title of the book.
- In the Author field, enter the name of the author.
- Select the tags that apply to the book. If a book tag is not available, in the Custom Tags field, enter a tag name. For example, Comic, Fiction, and so on.
- In the No. of copies field, enter the number of copies of the book. This field is available only when the book addition mode is General.
- Click the Create button.