The admin is the supreme user who can access all the modules and features of the online portal. This user can create multiple users (employees, students and parents) can and provide them with the privileges as per their functions in the institute.
If you are configuring our online portal for the first time, please read through the following steps to complete core module configurations.
Step 1: Login as an administrator using the username admin and a default password admin123
Step 2: Complete the setup in the given order.
General Settings: Update the basic details for your institution including logo.
Academic Year: Create an academic year, which will have a duration of one year. Your school year might begin on the 24th of September 2020 and end on the 14th of July 2021, a an example. Classes can also be created within your academic years.
Custom Words: Define names for your years and classes. For example, you might use course, grade, batch or semester.
Manage Years/Classes: Create years and classes as per your institution structure. It is better to create all the classes for your current academic year at once so you can immediately set up fees.
Manage Student Category: Create and edit student categories. For example: staff child or siblings of students. Fee structure can also be created, based on these categories.
Manage Subjects: Create your subjects in the Subject Center, as well as update them and link new subjects. These subjects will be used for exams and timetable.
Add Admission Additional Details: Add additional fields in student profile. For example, you can create a custom field for student passport numbers, as it isn’t a pre-set field in the student admission page. Your institution can create any necessary custom fields for all your important student data.
Manage Student Roll Numbers: Update or assign roll numbers for students. It’s important to note that roll number and admission number are different terms. Admission number is a unique number for students, whereas the roll number can change from class to class or year to year.
- Student Document Categories: Create document categories which can be filled out during student admission. These could include school certificates or birth certificate.
Feature Access Settings: Manage feature access for parents/guardians.
Step 4: Complete the functions in the Human Resource Settings, in order to admit employees.
Employee Category: Create and manage employee categories, such as teaching staff and non-teaching staff.
Employee Position: Create different positions under your categories, such as senior teacher and junior teacher under teaching staff.
Employee Department: Create different departments as per institution structure, such as academic department and non academic department.
Employee Grade: Create and manage employee grades, such as Level 1 and Level 2 employees or grade A and grade B employees.
Working Day Settings: These values will be applied when using the standard code ‘NWD’ to calculate loss of pay.
Leave Types: Add and manage employee leave types. Example: Casual Leave and Sick Leave.
Leave Groups: Create leave groups to manage different leave types. Multiple leave groups need to be created if employee leave types are different.
Bank Details: Create and manage employee bank fields. Example: Account Number, Bank Name, Bank Branch
Additional Details: Create and manage additional details for the employee admission form.
Payroll Settings: Configure the payroll calculation mode while assigning to a new employee
Step 5: Raising Foundation is now ready for employee admission.
Now system is ready for usage. Based on priority, the user can now start configuring all the modules. Please find the steps for configuring important core modules
Admin/Finance user can start setting up fee structure.
Complete Finance General Settings: Home > Finance > Finance Settings > General Settings
- Create financial year and set active financial year: Home > Finance > Finance Settings > Manage Financial Years
Setup Multiple Fee Accounts, Multiple Receipt Templates, Multiple Receipt Sets
Create master particulars and master discount in Master fees: Menu > Administration > Finance > Fees > Master Fees
Create the fee structure. Menu > Administration > Finance > Fees > Create Fees
Create all Master fees
Create particulars inside master fees
Create Class/Student Category/Student wise discount if applicable
Schedule the fee collection dates
Start collecting the fees
Human Resource: Employee Subject Association
- Work allotment can be done here. Assign different subjects to different employees which can be used for timetable creation and exam mark entry.
Human Resource: Employee Leave Management
- Create Leave Type: Menu > Administration > Human Resource > HR Settings > Leave Types
- Create Leave Group: Menu > Administration > Human Resource > HR Settings > Leave Group
- Add Employees in Leave Group: Menu > Administration > Human Resource > HR Settings > Leave Group > Select leave group and add employees
- Reset Leave based on the date in which you wanted to start marking attendance for employees
Human Resource: Payroll and Payslip Management
- Create Payroll Category: Home > HR > Payroll and Payslip Management > Payroll Categories
- Create Payroll Group: Home > HR > Payroll and Payslip Management > Payroll Groups
- Edit group and add LOP conditions: Home > HR > Payroll and Payslip Management > Payroll Groups > View Payroll Group > LOP Settings
- Add Employees in to group and Enter Their Salary
- Complete the settings: Add all attributes, activities, Grading scale and remarks as per your report cards
- Create the planner. Multiple planners need to be created if exam pattern is different.
- Link the planner with classes: Home >Grade book >Exam Planner > Select Planner > Add Grades
- Update Report card settings: Home >Grade book >Exam Planner > Select Planner > More > Student Report card Settings
- Schedule exam: Home > Gradebook > Manage Gradebook > Select Manage exam for course > Select Manage exam for respective exam > Schedule exam for subject exams. There will be an option to active exam for non subject exams.
- Enter Marks from different subject teacher profile
- Generate exam wise/term wise/ planner wise report cards.
Create Certificates and ID cards:
- Create the templates for certificates or ID cards: Menu > Academics > ID card or Certificates > Create Template
- Generate the ID card or Certificates by selecting the user
Create a timetable for a duration
Set the class timings
Choose the weekdays
Select the duration
Assign subject and subject teacher
Student Attendance Marking:
Raising Foundation supports two kind of attendance marking. You can select the required option in general settings.
- Daily wise attendance marking: Can mark attendance for a full day, half day or a late.
- Subject wise attendance marking: Subject teacher can mark attendance
Mark student attendance using attendance module.
Now check all the module list and configure other modules accordingly. You can search related videos/articles for respective modules